- Just as churches have been gathering corporately in public spaces since the beginning, so too have they been gathering together in homes and in their communities throughout the week. Renewal Church continues this pattern with our Groups.
- While Groups won’t (and shouldn’t) provide all of an individual’s “community,” they are designed for growing together as a church through weekly touch points for prayer, fellowship, and for providing space and time to discuss the teaching from the previous Sunday.
How Groups fit into Renewal’s big picture
- Renewal Church works and serves to: Renew hearts through the Gospel, Rebuild lives through discipleship, and Release people for city impact. The community and activity generated by Groups touch on each of these core values.
- By reading the Bible and reviewing Sunday’s teaching, Groups provide a mid-week renewal of gospel understanding.
- Through prayer, fellowship, and conversation, Groups provide a way to “stir one another up to good works” in discipleship to Jesus (Hebrews 10:23-25).
- Because of their smaller size and regular meetings, Groups also provide a practical way to attend to the needs of one another. Group members should know what’s going on in each others’ lives. Also, Groups provide a mechanism to show concern for the city at large through service projects and small partnerships with urban ministries.
- What the very first church home groups did offers a model for churches everywhere:
- Acts 2:42 • “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” (ESV)
- Each Renewal Church Group gathering will typically also have these same components: reviewing/discussing Sunday’s teaching, praying together, and hanging out and eating.
How do I get involved?
Getting involved in a Group is easy...
Just click this link and fill out the form. The next session of Groups start up in January so sign up today! Once received you should receive an email from a group leader sometime in January.
If you have any questions send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.